Wednesday, September 18, 2013




Camille Monet and a Child in the Artist’s Garden in Argenteuil


 This photo is of Camille, Monet's first wife with a child in the garden of their house in Argenteuil, near Paris, where they lived between 1872 and 1877. I love how this photo appears blurry and has no defined lines or dark structures painted. I think his choice of colors is interesting to use the flowers in the background such a reddish orange that it could almost appear to be blood and gave the wife red checks. I also like the brush stokes used, they all come together to form this painting. Its hard to tell what the woman is knitting or if shes sitting on the grass or a chair but I love that the child is copying her mother like most children do. You wouldn't know this painting is suppose to be dome in Paris but of course the clothes painting can give some insight to the time era this was painting in. I enjoy Monets work and how most of the paintings I've seen include the beauty of nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment