Saturday, November 16, 2013

Homage to the Square




Josef Albers, Homage to the Square: “Ascending”, 1953. Oil on composition board, 43 1/2 × 43 1/2 in. (110.5 × 110.5 cm). Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; purchase  54.34

Ok so I picked this image because it reminded me of a sunny side egg. I don't really like eggs, egg whites to be specific... 
mostly because 
I gagged on an egg white when I was like, 4 or something and It put a, ahem! Bad taste in my mouth. Possibly because I was forced
to eat  said egg
and as egg whites go... they taste NASTY, not to mention the smell. I think I remember something about using egg whites in painting
 but the whole 
gagging thing...I may never possibly get over.
However, there is hope folks, egg yokes rock 
Stella Summed something up, what you see is what you get, 
and I see eggs on a plate all day long.
when I see eggs, I think bacon and 
being born & bread (see how I did that?) in Beaufort Ssssss  Cccccc (by the sea), seared bacon smoked sounds sweet all day long. 
(thats alliteration y'all)
Two thumbs up to the painter that probably inspired more than breakfast but a whole fashion blood clot for a entire generation of ugly shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment